Bright and colourful: that's the world of France's largest toy manufacturer.
With the high quality playhouses, slides, play kitchens, tricycles and lots more, it's all about having fun and being active. Healthy play that trains children's motor and social skills – that's Smoby.
Safe fun for little explorers
As France's best known toy manufacturer, Smoby Toys knows just what makes children happy – and keeps parents satisfied: innovative toys that help youngsters to discover and develop their own skills, that are bright and cheerful and full of ideas.
We love children, so we want to protect them. That's why age-appropriate, safe toys are so important to us. Smoby Toys is an expert in safety-tested toys at the cutting edge of educational research from the baby stage through to primary school age. But the most important thing of all: with Smoby products, playing is simply great fun!
SMOBY stands for:
- Ergonomic toys with lots of entertainment value
Developed by French designers.
- Safe play experience
We use materials that are not hazardous to the health. All products conform to European toy safety regulations.
- Healthy development
Through age-appropriate toys that stimulate and help to develop the senses.
- Excellent workmanship and durability
Through the use of high-quality materials, combined with the latest production methods.
- Committed to the environment
We use recycled material to protect resources and colour batches with superior light fastness and UV stabilisers for enduring quality, year after year.
The history of the Smoby company
- The company is founded in Lavans-les-Saint-Claude, France, under the name Moquin-Breuil, originally specialising in the manufacture of wooden pipes.
- After the Second World War the company changes over to the production of plastic household goods.
- Renamed Smoby. Start of toy production.
Acquisition of toy companies Majorette, SOLIDO and Berchet.
- Smoby-Majorette starts to incur losses and files for bankruptcy protection. Insolvency proceedings are instituted.
- The SIMBA DICKIE GROUP receives the go-ahead to take over parts of the former Smoby SA from the Commercial Court in the Jura. The new Smoby Toys SAS is founded. The company's head office remains in France.
- Smoby Toys makes their first appearance at the Nuremberg Toy Fair as a new subsidiary of the SIMBA DICKIE GROUP.
- Today Smoby Toys is once again one of the leading manufactures in the areas of outdoor, pretend play and children's vehicles.
Made in France
On the trail of the Smoby production site, the path leads through the mountainous area of France to the Jura region, birthplace of French plastics production. There, in the idyllic village of Arinthod, the Smoby products are manufactured in one of Europe's most modern toy factories in an area of 25,000 square metres.
Perfect workmanship and long durability
Prior to leaving the factory, all Smoby products are subject to numerous internal and external quality and safety checks to ensure compliance with legal requirements according to European standards. We do not use any plastics that might constitute a health risk.
This page gives a brief overview with information on the most important quality markings.
For more information please visit: https://www.tuv.com/